This document sets out information about how we process donations via our text to donate service, and why we do this.
Who are ‘we’?
Family Holiday Charity is a registered charity in England and Wales (800262) and Scotland (SC048203). Registered Company Number 02301337. Our registered office is 7-14 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4YR.
References in these Terms to 'we' or 'us' are to the Family Holiday Charity.
1. What is text to donate?
• Text to donate is a way to make donations to the Family Holiday Charity using your mobile phone. You can either:
- text a code or keyword to a number (eg Text X to Y to donate £?)
- scan a QR code
- click on a web link
• When you make a donation through this route you are given the option to provide information to the charity, or not to do this.
2. The services we use.
- We use a third-party provider, called Donr. Donr enables us to take regular donations via text as well as single donations. You can read about them here: https://www.donr.com
- We use a third-party provider, called Donate. Donate is the trading name of the National Funding Scheme, which is a charity which provides text to donate services for other charities. You can read about them here: https://platform.nationalfundingscheme.org/
3. How we process data.
- We receive a notification from our service providers detailing donations received and codes which have been used (eg £5 against SUNSHINE).
- When you donate using both services, you will be given the option to provide marketing consent so that the charity you are donating to can contact you. If you do not provide this consent, no personal information is shared with the charity.
4. Mandatory Information.
• When we use text to donate services, we are obliged by law to include statements about the use of the service and to allow us to use the funds for charitable purposes. These will be similar to these examples:
• Donr: Text FAMILYHOLIDAY to 70085 to donate £3. Text’s cost £3 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text FAMILYHOLIDAYNOINFO to 70085.
• Donate Full version: Family Holiday Charity needs to raise funds for this and for other charitable purposes. Fundraising, payments and donations will be processed and administered by the National Funding Scheme, operating as DONATE, a charity registered in England and Wales (1149800) and Scotland (SC045106). In addition to any text donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). For Terms & Conditions, see www.easydonate.org