Holiday applications will be opening soon, registered referrers will be notified by email when we open.
Registered referrers will receive information about the holiday application process via email. If you are not yet registered, please read the following guidelines.
Please note, the referrer portal is currently unavailable while we update our system.
Registering with us
You’ll need to work for an organisation focussed on supporting families on an ongoing basis. This is so that you’re able to help families get ready to go on holiday, make the most of their experience when they are away, and settle back into day-to-day life when they come home. Referring organisations must be either a registered charity or a statutory provided service. This usually means you work in one of the following settings:
- Registered charities that provide services related to families
- Government provided children and family support departments, such as social services and community health teams
- Health visitors from NHS services
- Ofsted registered schools, nurseries and children’s centres
- Registered refuge and domestic abuse support services
- Registered housing associations
What you'll need to do
You’ll be on hand to offer friendly advice from the moment you make an application, right up until the return from holiday.
This will mean you need to help with:
- Filling in the application form
- Supporting the family in selecting the best holiday option for the family including when and where to go, and taking into consideration the family dynamics, safeguarding and any other risks
- Holiday preparations such as travel arrangements, budgeting and identifying important things to pack
- Collecting photo and story sharing permissions to share with Family Holiday Charity
- Providing feedback via our questionnaire after the break
We focus our holiday offers on families who:
- Are on a low income (a household income of less than £24,000)
- Haven’t had a holiday together in the last 4 years
- Have at least one child under 18 who will go on the holiday
Please click the button below to become a referrer. All registrations are reviewed and approved manually by the team. This means you won't receive your verification email immediately. During busy periods there can sometimes be a delay in processing registrations. If you have not heard from us within 14 days please get in touch.